Appen, a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated training data for machine learning and artificial intelligence, is looking for speakers of UK English to participate in paid remote research.
Company info: Appen is helping to build the next generation of artificial intelligence powered interactive voice response (IVR) systems in the customer service areas. The end goal is to allow machines to interact with and respond to customers with their inquiries in any daily scenarios, such as banking, hospitality, and more, with no or little human input. You can read more about IVR systems here. In order to do this, Appen is collecting speech samples of general conversations people would have over phone calls for research and machine training purposes. Target Language: English from people who grew up in England.
What you need to do in order to participate:
1. You need to complete an Expression of Interest Form. Once the forms are received and you have been qualified for the project, the project supervisors will send a detailed task instruction to the email address you provided.
2. You will be asked to register on Appen Global and use a recording platform to complete 4 phone calls with another person on topics such as finance, Insurance, retail, etc.
- Each phone call is 15 minutes. Conversations should be as natural as possible and in a quiet indoor environment.
- Each candidate can participate in the task once and once only. All recordings will be verified by our Quality Assurance team for speaker nativeness and speech quality.
3. After the recordings are verified and accepted, you will receive US$50 (roughly the equivalent of £38 GBP) for the task.
4. A few more notes:
- You need to be 18 or over to participate.
- You must be a native speaker of English who has grown up in England, as this is the only accent being researched right now (no other varieties of English accents, ex. Scottish, Irish, US are accepted).
- Out of the 2 people making the calls together, only the caller is being paid, not the receiver.
- Appen usually pay via PayPal or Payoneer, which might charge a small transaction fee for the money transfer.
If interested, please enquire for further details and registration via email.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers